The Attendance Report will only exist if an admin or owner has activated the Work Schedules feature on the Company Settings page.
The Attendance Report will only contain data if work schedules have been set up. You can learn how to set up work schedules here.
The Attendance Statuses
Four attendance statuses will appear in your Attendance Reports.
This has different meanings, depending on whether a shift has a minimum number of required hours.
- If there are no minimum required hours: The user tracked at least one second of work in the first five minutes of their shift.
- If there are minimum required hours: The person tracked at least one second of work in the first five minutes of their shift AND worked for at least the minimum number of required hours.
No time was tracked during the shift.
The person tracked some time during the shift, but less than their minimum required hours.
A person tracked time during their shift, but they didn’t track time in the first five minutes after their shift started.
When a shift is currently underway (has started but not yet finished), the shift's status will show as "Late" if the person was late. However, since the statuses Present, Absent and Partially Absent won't be known until the end of the shift, shifts that are currently underway will show a status of "Shift Underway" if the person isn't late.
Note: Users have a five-minute grace period during which they won’t be counted as late.
A Few Additional Details
- If someone is both late and partially absent for the same shift, then their status is partially absent.
- For any shift that runs across midnight, the shift will only appear on the day it began, not on the day that it ends.
- Shifts that haven’t started yet won’t appear in the report.